Coral Shores High School

Coral Shores High School

Monday, December 3, 2007

The Santa Claus Invitational

I was very pleased with the outcome of the Santa Claus Invite. First of all we went to the meet with 17 kids, most of which were below the age of 12. It is always exciting to see the future of your team get involved, and excited with swimming. We had a couple who swam in their first meet ever, and a few young ones that are starting to get used to meets. We had several top 8 finishers, so as always we were not the biggest, but we were well represented. We also had a few more JO cuts made, and I always love to see that happen.

For the most part I love it when we bring a lot of swimmers to a meet. I love to watch them laugh, play cards, eat snacks, and have fun. It reminds me of what I REALLY love about swimming... my friends. They don't know it, but they are developing confidence, and social skills that will last a long time.

Well, now we have a long break. I will be gone for a week in December so please pay attention to all practice announcements, updated blog information.

No comments: