Coral Shores High School

Coral Shores High School

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Coral Springs Meet

I am a little late in posting this but we recently had a meet in Coral Springs. It is nice to see the swimmers coming out of hibernation and swimming in some meets. We took a bigger group this time, and as usual represented the Florida Keys pretty well. Many top 8 finishers, and kids are still dropping times after a long winter break wich makes me feel good. Also, we are still having kids attend thier first meet and that is always exciting.

I will say, however, that sometimes I am the one that needs to improve in areas, and meets are a great way to see that. I think I did a great job of getting the kids back in shape fast, but I did see swimmers getting sloppy with the small things like turns, starts, finishes etc. Now that most of us are back in shape we will be spending the next few weeks at practice refreshing our skills. Well, either that or racing!

Either way I am still looking at some March meets and will be posting those shortly. We have DII's and JO's coming up, and I think I am not the only one who is excited. Keep checking for updates

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to read your team is doing well. I'm back for racing starting next week for a four week cycle of meets. Beginning in France at their Grand Prix Series.

I really wanted to make it back by this time but life doesn't always go the way you plan. Anyway hope to make it back soon and I sure put racing for the Keys swim team on my to do list.

Best of luck for the upcoming meets.