Coral Shores High School

Coral Shores High School

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Faces In Tamiami

A little late with this post but I did not forget about it. In fact I left this meet feeling pretty good about the future of our team. For a while I had been relying on a small core group of swimmers on my team to attend all the meets, and really get involved with the team. Now, however, I am seeing lots of new faces at the swim meets; parents and kids alike. Hopefully this is jsut the beggining.

To this meet I took a a lot of newer swimmers, and with a new swimmer it is so easy to make small corrections and go a best time. Kids are just learning what events they like, what kind of swimmer they are, and what kind of a competitor they are. I think we had a terrific showing. Even without many of my "regulars" we still took a bigger group. And these kids ripped it up. We left with lots of ribbons, medals,best times, and most importantly the desire to come to another meet to try our talents again.

Keep checking for updates as I will be trying to get more and more of you out to some more meets!

No comments: