Coral Shores High School

Coral Shores High School

Friday, October 26, 2007

Dig A Little Deeper

Well, not every single meet is going to be breeze, and I will say that Regionals was not so easy for us...initially. In the morning we swam very flat, and unmotivated. The best thing about my team is that they are all scrappy. When it comes down to the wire they want to win. Regionals was a huge meet that we had no chance of winning. We swam slightly un-inspired. we were not ourselves.

That, however, was only they prelims. Winston Churchill said that success is the ability to move from one failure to another with enthusiasm. Well, we definitely failed in the prelims, but could we turn it into success? Could we walk back out there as a different team, a more motivated team that wasn't scared?

YES! Our finals performance was much better. We had a few personal best times, and a girls relay that CRUSHED the consolation heat. I mean they went 4 seconds faster. I believe that under adversity is when you really see yourself. Well, we were faced with a adverse situation, our real selves stepped up and rocked out!

What a awesome, and exciting season. I can't believe it is over already. Next year we will def. bring kids to States. I just want to thank everyone along the way who helped me out. I was a new coach in a new town, and without the help, and support of the school, the parents, the facilities, and the race club I don't think I could have gotten it all done.

Looking forward to next year, but as for now back to buisness as we have a age group meet coming up this weekend. Keep checking for updates!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to do something "cool" off season with your team - think about watching Pride together. I saw this movie a few months ago and I think it's a great swimming movie. This could fire up your team for the next season as the story relates a bit to the FKSC team.