Coral Shores High School

Coral Shores High School

Thursday, October 11, 2007

We Are The Champions

Well, only three teams went to the county championship, but only one gets to sing, "We Are The Champion." You know the name.... Hurricanes

A very exciting meet. I can say that collectively we swam very well. Everyone scored points. Everyone contributed. People swam back to back, and got behind their team. We had energy. We had momentum. I most definitely felt their will to win, and that made me proud of them.

But I don't want to stop here...
I put the trophies up in my apartment the night we got back. Every now and again I would look over at them, and have some flashback of the meet, a exciting moment or a good swim, and I smiled. But, immediately after I felt urgency not to settle. I felt like we still had work to do. We have districts coming up. I don't want our momentum to stop here. I want to take what we have learned up until this point, and I want to tighten things up just a bit. Then, I want us to rock at districts. I don't care about who is supposed to win that meet. I care about racing, and swimming fast. Maybe your team is bigger. Our team is faster.... 0 - 0

123

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeahhhh!!!!!! I knew that's what I'm going to read here. Congrats to all of you.

I had it on all day yesterday - Rock you like a hurricane! (by Scorpions)

The first day I got into the pool for practice with you Mark, I knew you're a super coach. I'll update you soon by mail.

Keep on rocking!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,
Just wanted to say your doing an awesome job. All kids are dropping times.The spirit and moral is the best I've seen in years. Keep it up.
Also, I too knew Mike Smith,not well, but enough to know what a nice, special guy he was. My memory of him will be of his huge,easy smile. Donations to his family are the least people can do for this graet guy.

Head Coach Mark Hill said...

Thanks for all the great comments. I hope more poeple will read and contribute thier comments on future posts. I couldnt do any of this, however, with kids that don't have a passion for the sport. These kids do, and it makes working with them fun!