Coral Shores High School

Coral Shores High School

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mike Smith

For those who have not heard, one of my masters swimmers, Mike Smith, passed away over the weekend. He was out on a dive, and had a shallow water black out. Although Mike was not someone I was incredibly close with he is someone that I saw all of the time, and feel very connected to. He was such a nice guy, always smiling and joking around with me. He would always offer to take me out on dives, and always came to practice willing to learn and try new things. In fact he DID learn butterfly. I can still remember his face when I close my eyes. His loss will most def. be felt by all who know him.

Mike was not a old guy. I don't know his exact age, but had to be in his thirties. He is survived by his wife who is pregnant with his child. I know this must be very hard on his family, and myself and others who knew Mike are trying to organize a way to raise some money for his family. In early November we will have a event to raise some money. Keep checking the blog for updates. If you are interested in donating money to Mike's family there is a Micheal R. Smith Memorial Fund at any First State Bank. All proceeds go to his family. Any little bit helps.

Rest in peace Mike.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My condolences to his family - I'm so sorry for their loss.

God bless the family.