Coral Shores High School

Coral Shores High School

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Shout Out To The Rents

I was going to save this post until after the District meet, but Race Club workout was cancelled this morning, and I got a rare morning off. But, I still awoke at the same time, and I'm getting antsy so here it is...

I just wanted send a HUGE thank you out to all the parents and supporters of the team.

Here is a list of why parents deserve this thanks:

There are parents who support our practices;
Some have been to every practice.
There are parents who support the meets;
Some parents who have been to every meet.
There are both.
There are parents who run the meets,
and parents who score the meets.
Parents time.
Parents cheer.
Parents ride on buses.
There are parents who order team equipment.
Parents who host dinners,
And bring the essentials of food and water to the meets.
They get the swimmers to and fro...
Some on time.
Others late.
But, with out them they couldnt be there at all.
Then there are the intagebles parents have.
The support that only they can give.

I dont do any of this. I couldn't. Without the help & support of the parents it would only be me writing workouts. Good workouts :) but only workouts. They are the gears.

One of these days I will think of reasons to thank the swimmers. But as for now, only the parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Swimmers get their praise by swimming fast. At least that's what I like the most. Of course it's always great to hear my coach praise me when I do well. But by now I even know without these words why I'm happy or not.

Parents on the other hand, they don't have a coach and most of the time the kids don't praise them for driving them to the pool at 5am. At least I never did intentionally. And I doubt that my parents will come by this blog but I wanna say a huge THANK YOU for their support.

A good coach like you Mark and well prepared workouts are important but parents are too.