Coral Shores High School

Coral Shores High School

Friday, September 26, 2008

La Salle & St. Brendan

Yesterday we became a team. I say that because yesterday I used a unusual lineup. I put every swimmer in at least one unusual event for them or in one event in which they felt uncomfortable. I asked them to sacrifice a little bit of personal comfort to win a meet and they did just that. Every person on this team swam a event that made them feel uncomfortable. Every person swam off events and we won. We defined what it means to be a team, and what it means to act like a team. The meet was probably closer than I would have liked to see it but we rallied and won at the end. After that meet I am confident in our team going into County Championships. We have a couple of more practices to tighten all the loose ends before we compete.

I will be asking the Capts. to hold workout this weekend as I will be attending a club meet. Please Check for updates and announcements!

No comments: