Coral Shores High School

Coral Shores High School

Monday, September 22, 2008

Miami Country Day/ Ransom/ Gulliver

So we had a pretty exciting/stressful weekend. We swam two meets against really tough opponents in a row. The first meet was a tri meet v.s Country Day and Ransom. We won fairly handily against Country Day, and lost by less than 10 to Ransom on both the girls and the boys side. The boys only lost by one. On Saturday we raced Gulliver. The boys lost fairly handily but the girls only lost by 4.

I was very proud of our win v.s. Country Day but I do have to say I REALLY wanted to beat one of the upper echelon schools. I think that everyone expects them to win because they have tradition. They have always beat us. They have always been better teams. But I cant say that everyone still believes these things. Me least of all. I think that we have the talent, spirit, competitiveness, skill, and team to get the job done. All we lack is pre/post season consistency. The only real difference between these "better" teams and us is the fact that their swimmers swim all year or at least all summer. The do a better job of preparing.

We aren't there yet but we are on the right track. I think that although we did lose these meets it was also something that we will use to slingshot us into the County Championship and Districts. Our team is focused and ready which makes my job easy for the next week. So back to the pool and back to the road ahead of us.

Keep checking for updates.

No comments: